In addition to all of our great features that are useful for planning any wedding — things
like building a guest list, preparing a budget and keeping a
list of things to do — The Organized Wedding also has features to help with Hindu weddings in particular.
- Flexible schedule of events: we start you off with a few
of the most common events — like a sangeet and a mehendi party, in addition to the wedding — but the software can help you plan as many events as you'd like.
- Flexible invitation system: our invitation tracking system adapts to fit your needs. The Organized Wedding can keep track of "American Style" invitations, where every event has its own invitations, but it can also track traditional Hindu wedding cards, where the invitation lists a schedule of events and guests are invited to everything. If some of the events are for men only or women only, the software can handle that too.
- Traditional titles: part of issuing invitations is using people's names correctly on the envelopes. The software automatically handles a huge variety of titles, from "Dr." to "Ambassador". More important is how easily it handles common titles — you can assign "Sri", "Smt.", and "Ku." to your guests with a single click of the mouse, as easily as you can assign "Mr.", "Mrs." and "Miss". Once you assign titles to your guests, using them properly on your envelopes is automatic.
- Hindi: The Organized Wedding is written in English, but if you'd like to use Hindi (or any other language) to enter your notes, add tasks to the task list, or work with any other part of the program, The Organized Wedding can handle it.
“The software has proven to be very useful for this mega-task of organizing a wedding!”
- Alán, Emeryville CA, USA
- Covering the basics: because of the wonderful diversity of Hindu ceremonies, our task list contains very few details about the actual ceremonies (other than a few big things, like building or renting the mandap). What it does contain is a solid framework for the basics of each event — ordering flowers, renting equipment, getting people fed, issuing invitations... all of the things you'll need for any successful event.
Finally, a wedding organizer you can take to work
Have you looked at printed wedding organizers? Most of them are pink, or covered with lace, or... you get the idea: something you would never want to be seen with at work. And full-size printouts from other wedding software can be a nuisance if you normally carry a day planner or pocket planner. With The Organized Wedding, you can create printouts designed to fit into your planner — after all, do you really want to advertise to the whole world that you're meeting with the caterer during lunch?
Download a free 30-day free trial and see the
Hindu and Indian wedding customizations for yourself.